Are you a young leader that can influence and motivate other persons? Do you have good storytelling skills and you are very innovative? If yes, then apply now for the United Nations SDG program for young leaders initiative.
The Sustainable Development Goals are the plans to get a better future for all. The SDG helps to address the challenges we face in the world. These challenges include poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace, and justice. Therefore, the need for the United Nations SDG program for young leaders initiative in 2020 arises to this effect.
The Young Leaders for the SDGs support one ore more of the following initiatives:
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
On a biennial basis, 17 new Young Leaders are selected through an open call for applications and rigourous assessment process. Candidates are scored on aspects such as ability to influence and motivate others, innovative nature, and story telling skills. Their work is assessed based on scalability, impact, achievement, influence, and integrity. A High-Level Selection Committee comprised of leaders from the United Nations, governments, civil society, and the private sector conduct a final review of the top candidates.
After their tenure, Young Leaders for the SDGs remain involved in the initiative as alumni and collaborate and mentor the current class of Young Leaders
The Young Leaders Initiative is powered by the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, in collaboration with their partners. The Initiative is a part of the Global Youth Partnership for Sustainable Development Goals, launched in 2015 and housed in the Envoy’s Office.
Work with the United Nations.
Below are the requirements for the United Nations SDG program for young leaders in 2020:
- Participants must be between 18 to 30 years of age.
- The youth leaders must be leading an exciting initiative that helps to meet one of the SDGs.
- The participants must be young people that can lead fantastic initiatives that support the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
The application for the UN Sustainable Development Goals for Young Leaders initiative Program is online.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to complete the application. Click here for a quick guide on how to get started.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- Please reach out to Submittable’s Customer Support team with any technical questions at email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 22, 2020 (10 Days Remaining)
You can apply by clicking on the button below.